Miramar is A fully Diversified city with Members from A large variety of Cultures. they recently built a Brand new city hall, for all your city needs in one place: Police Station, Government Center, Public Libray, Passport Office, utiliteis department, Radio Station , Luxury Rental Apartment Buildings,Restaurants, drycleaners, Gym , youth center, Thier moto: is Progress and Beauty.
Founding the City:
Most cities have their beginnings when either 1 man, or group of men, venture out to “start anew” and develop their own community. Some new communities use as a basis for expansion existing rail lines, roadways, or waterways. Although Miramar was founded by 1 person, A.L. Mailman, its basis for development was not transportation oriented, but rather to serve as a “bedroom” community for Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
The City of Miramar was incorporated May 26, 1955. At the time of incorporation, the City had a population of less than 200 people. With approximately 2.9 square miles land area, Miramar’s original city boundaries were: Southwest 64th Avenue on the east, University Drive on the west the Dade County Line on the south, and Pembroke Road on the north.
Robert Gordon, the 1st Mayor of the City, gave the City its name. “Miramar” means “Look at the Sea” in Spanish (Miramar was an exclusive suburb of Havana in pre-Castro Cuba). The City seal is inscribed with its motto “Beauty and Progress”. Charles F. Knapp was the city’s 1st elected Mayor. The current Mayor of Miramar is Wayne M. Messam, Since March 2015.
411 of Miramar: